Saturday, September 17, 2011

Cream Cheese Pound Cake

My parents came down over the weekend and I planned to bake something simple and nice for them. While cleaning up my refrigerator, I found a block of Philadelphia cream cheese. Remembering that I've come across a pound cake recipe at HowToEatACupcake that claims to be the best recipe ever discovered. So here's my adaptation of the recipe and I have to agree that it's very easy to make and delicious as claimed. One thing for sure is that I need to cut down the sugar level as my parents don't really like too-sweet stuff as they used to.


INGREDIENTS

180g salted butter, at room temperature
125g cream cheese, at room temperature
2/3 cup (150g) granulated sugar
3 large eggs, at room temperature
150g cake flour, sifted
1/2 tbs pure vanilla extract
Almond nibs as required


METHOD
1. Preheat the oven to 170 °Celcius and line the bottom of a  10x5" loaf pan with baking paper. 
2. Place the butter, cream cheese and sugar in a bowl and beat on medium speed with a hand-mixer for 5 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating for 30 seconds after each addition and scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
Cream Cheese plus Butter
3. Beat in the vanilla essence using medium speed for 30 seconds.
4. With the mixer on low speed, add half of the flour mixture and beat for 30 seconds. Add the remaining flour and beat on medium speed for another 30 seconds.
5. Pour the batter into pan and shake lightly to even out the top. Sprinkle the toasted almond nibs on top of the batter.

6. Bake for 45 minutes or until cake is golden brown.
5. Once done, cool the cake completely on a wire rack. Serve at room temperature and enjoy. 

Yummylicious
 

3 comments:

Joshi said...

Thank you, Vincent..
I'm glad to know such a great site like petitchef as well... :-)

Aaron C. said...

Wow this looks delicious! I am Chinese Malaysian- Canadian! I love to bake too and I really like your recipes!

Aaron from
My Blog: Asian Canadian Recipes: www.kubeen81.blogspot.com

Joshi said...

Thank you Chewie...
I just started to learn and enjoying every moment