Sometimes I felt I'm such a lazy person when it comes to baking. I intended to bake a banana cake this weekend but ended up baking this chocolate walnut cake instead because I don't want to drive all the way to the market to just buy a few bananas. This cake still have the banana texture but with Cadbury chocolate flavors ;-)
30g brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
4 egg yolks
4 egg whites
80g castor or granulated sugar
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
90g cake flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
40g walnut, toasted and crushed
80g Cadbury chocolate grated, store in fridge to avoid melting.
1. Prepare all the ingredient parts and lined a 6" round cake pan.
2. Start with part A ingredients, i.e. cream the butter, brown sugar and vanilla essence until smooth and pale using a electric hand-mixer. Add in the egg yolks and beat until combined.
3. Beat the part B ingredients i.e. egg whites, sugar and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form. Fold the egg whites into batter (A).
4. Sift part C ingredients and fold into the mixture slowly.
5. Finally add in part D ingredients and mix until even.
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 Celsius for 25-30 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.