Popularly known as 'pasar malam' banana cake, this self made cake definitely beats the odd in having the rich original banana smell rather than those mass produced cake in hypermarket which is too vanilla flavored for me. In case you have too much banana to handle, this is definitely the recipe to go. Enjoy!
200g ripe banana (pisang emas or berangan)
70g brown sugar
1 tsp emulsifier
125g cake flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
50ml corn oil
1. Beat the banana with sugar until combined with an electric hand-mixer. Add in the eggs and continue to beat until combined.
2. Add in the emulsifier and beat for about 5 minutes until fluffy.
3. Add in the baking powder and baking soda. Alternating with milk and flour, slowly fold into the batter and combined well.
4. Fold in the corn oil lastly.
5. Pour the batter into a lined, 9"x5" loaf pan. (I use a smaller loaf pan, resulting a rise loaf)
6. Bake for 30 minutes in a preheated oven at 200 Celsius or until skewer comes out clean.
7. Cool on a wire rack and enjoy.