Brownie is always one of my favorite dessert but I haven't bake one before from scratch except those off-the-shelf pre-packed mixture. I still have one box left on my shelf though, hehe.
Well, tempted to bake my very own, I tried out this recipe which is adapted from Kevin Chai cook book "AA Touch of Classic Baking". It turns out a bit sweet for me.
140g cooking chocolate
50g brown sugar (to reduce to 20g if you want a less-sweet brownie)
1/2 tbs cocoa powder
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 tsp baking powder
40g plain flour
15g white chocolate chips
15g semi-sweet chocolate chips
30g cashew nuts
Notes: For full recipe, double the ingredients and use a 7x7" pan.
1. Melt butter, cooking chocolate and coco powder in a medium or large pan over low heat.
2. Stir in brown sugar until almost melted and remove from heat to cool down slightly.
3. Add in eggs and mix well.
4. Preheat your oven at 180 Celsius and lined a 7"x3" loaf pan.
5. Mix the flour and baking powder. Fold flour into the chocolate batter and do not overdo it.
6. Pour and spread the batter into the pan and sprinkle the chocolate chips and cashew nuts over the top.
7. Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes.8. Serve when cool.