Sunday, September 4, 2011

Easy-Mix Walnut Brownie (Part 1)

I must confess that I'm so into chocolate and brownie is one of my favorites. Brownie is a type of dense, rich chocolate cake, which is, in texture, like a cross between a cake and a cookie. Brownies come in a variety of forms, either fudgy or cakey and may include nuts, frosting, chocolate chips, or must I say, ice-cream.. So delicious!!! The moment you have a taste of it, just feel like heaven.

Well, being lazy and yet to find my perfect brownie recipe, I opt to buy something off the self to bake and there's so so many choices in the supermarket. Price-wise is about the same among the brands but most of them claim to be the best in the market. Let's check them out then, the 3 brands of walnut brownie that I bought..
1. Pillsbury (Made in Philippines), 
2. Betty Crocker (Made in USA) and 
3. Ghirardelli (Made in USA)
INGREDIENTS
1 box of walnut brownie
1 egg
1/4 cup of corn oil
1/3 cup of water 

METHOD
1. Preheat oven to 160 Celcius and line a 7 inch square pan.
2. Blend water, oil and egg in a medium bowl using a whisk or a hand mixer until integrated. Spoon batter into prepared pan and spread evenly.
3. Bake in oven for 30-40 minutes and do not overbake. Fresh-baked brownies appear underbaked  but cool to doneness.
4. Once cooled, cut brownies into rectangular sized and enjoy ;-) 

Here's the results
Pillsbury Walnut Brownie
My verdict on Pillsbury
It doesn't really taste nice and not up to my expectations. I find that it doesn't have that fresh smell of chocolate, too much artificial flavor. Definitely not buying this brand again.
 





For Ghirardelli and Betty Crockers results and review, please stay tune.

No comments: