Friday, July 27, 2012

Blueberry Cheese Cake

This is the my second attempt baking this cheesecake after my first success. I've been baking lately but could never find the time to blog and post my baking adventure. Personally I feel baking cheese cake is the easiest since its so versatile and even if you make any mistakes, the cake wouldn't turn out inedible. Here's my recommended recipe for those who need a quick and easy way to bake a cheese cake. 

My first attempt - looking nice and I'm so thrilled


Second Attempt - Still looking good, hehe

INGREDIENTS
120g digestive or marie biscuits
75g butter, melted

750g cream cheese
210g sour cream
150g granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
250g blueberry fillings
1 tsp lemon juice, optional
3 eggs

METHOD
1. Crush the biscuits into crumbs, finely or coarsely depending on your likings. I prefer a more rough texture, so that I can taste the biscuits. Pour in the butter and mix well.
2. Press the crumbs into a 8 inch spring pan as the base and set aside.
3. In bowl of an electric mixer, mix cream cheese with sugar until smooth. 
4. Then mix in the eggs one at a time, mixing just enough to incorporate. 
5. Finally mix in the sour cream, vanilla essence and lemon juice until smooth. 
6. Pour the cream cheese filling into the prepared crust. Drop some blueberry fillings randomly on top of the cheese cake, and swirl using a fork.
Note: If you want some blueberry fillings in the cake, you may fill half of the cream cheese and spread some blueberry in between before filling the remaining cream cheese.
7. Bake the cheesecake in a preheated 165 Celsius oven using the water bath method for 60 minutes. Let the cake cool slightly in oven with the door ajar for about 15 minutes to prevent cracking. The top layer will appear slightly brownish, just perfect.
8. Chill in refrigerator for at least 4 hours before serving. 


No comments: