Saturday, October 8, 2011

Chocolate Muffin with Peanut Buttercream Frosting

I promised my friend's kids that I would make them muffin when I see them next time. With an easy chocolate muffin mix brought from 'Bake With Yen' which I usually go to but my baking supplies, I decided to make a quick muffin bake, topped with peanut butter frosting. This is my first time using this easy mix from BWY and with some creativity, I created some penguin look-alike muffins for them too. I was so happy when I see the smile on her faces and they're shouting cupcakes! Well, sometimes I can't tell whether its muffin or cupcakes myself ;-). Hope that they will enjoy eating them!

Chocolate Muffin

INGREDIENTS
4 eggs, 
500g muffin mix
130ml water 
135ml corn oil

METHOD
1. Put all ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir until combined well.
2. Divide the batter into 16 cupcake cup equally using a ice-cream scoop or spoon.
3. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 190 Celcius for 20 minutes.
4. Let the cupcakes cool on a wire rack before decorations.


Peanut Buttercream Frosting
(Recipe adapted from allrecipes.com)

INGREDIENTS
50g butter
125g creamy peanut butter
2 cups icing sugar
30ml whipping cream (you can substitute with milk)

METHOD
1. In a large bowl, beat butter and peanut butter until light and fluffy. 
2. Slowly beat in 1/2 of the confectioner's sugar. 
3. Mix in 1/4 cup of the cream. 
4. Beat in the remaining confectioners' sugar.
5. If necessary, add a little more cream or milk until the frosting reaches a good spreading consistency.

DECORATIONS
1. Use a spatula to spread the peanut buttercream on the muffin and decor with some sprinkles and chocolate rice.
2. To create the penguin-look, I use Munchy mini cookies. Separate the cookies and pipe some buttercream to stick the cookies on top of the muffin. Finally pipe the nose and walla, penguin look alike.

No comments: