Sunday, October 2, 2011

Easy-Mix Walnut Brownie (Part 2)

This is the second part of testing off-the-shelf product from hypermarket on a lazy Sunday noon. If you are following my blog, the brand that I bake previously was Pillsbury and the taste isn't so nice to my preference. I hope that this brand from USA would be better i.e.  Betty Crockers.Talking about laziness, the preparation of this brownie mixture actually takes less than 10 minutes and real easy.

Betty Crockers Brownies

INGREDIENTS
1 box of walnut brownie
2 eggs
1/4 cup of corn oil
1/4 cup of water 

METHOD
1. Preheat oven to 160 Celcius and line a 8 inch square pan.
2. Blend water, oil and egg in a medium bowl using a whisk or hand mixer until integrated. Spoon batter into prepared pan and spread evenly.
3. Bake in oven for 30-40 minutes and do not overbake.
4. Once cooled, cut brownies into rectangular size and serve.

My verdict on Betty Crockers
Disappointed, it has similar taste to Pillsbury with lower artificial flavour presence but yet I didn't really get the chocolatey satisfaction. With a scoop of ice cream on top would probably make the cut for this brownie. Nonetheless, I would cross out this from my shopping list.

I still have one brownie box left in my shelf for another lazy endeavor.

No comments: