Saturday, December 24, 2011

Almond Goldflakes

Wow, its really been a quite a while putting my baking adventure aside due to my busy work lately. Been feeling guilty since I didn't bake anything for Christmas. Nonetheless, in preparation for the coming Chinese New Year (CNY) festive seasons, I need to start baking my very own cookies. Mum and myself decided not to buy any cookies and bake our very own. Here's my first bake CNY cookies and its a really simple recipe. Hope you like the colors and crunchiness.

INGREDIENTS
250g corn flakes
50g rice bubbles
100g almond silvers (toasted)

125g butter
3 tsp maple syrup / honey 
50g granulated sugar 

METHOD
1. Mix all the dry ingredients (corn flakes, rice bubbles and almond silvers) in a big mixing bowl.
2. Melt the butter and sugar over low heat. Do not stir the mixture but move the pot slowly because stirring the sugar will clog the mixture and bubbles will form.
3. Once the sugar is melted, turn off heat and mix in the maple syrup.
 
4. Pour butter mixture over the dry ingredients mixture and mix well.
5. Use a spoon to tug in the cornflakes into mini cups.
6. Bake at 160 Celsius for 10mins (watch closely to avoid burning).
7. Store in air-tight container and keep for maximum 3 weeks.

No comments: